Contributing to better health for the european citizens
Non-profit making body (AISBL) registered in Belgium.
John Bowis, United Kingdom (policy-making)
Jos Draijer, Netherlands (policy-making)
Strachan Heppell, United Kingdom (policy-making)
Christian Labrousse, France (university) Secretary
Maria Maccarone, Italy (patient organization)
Bernard Mesuré, France (industry) Chairman
Helmut Voigtländer, Germany (international cooperation)
Our aim is to have members from policy making, health professions and management, universities, health-related industries and patient organisations. All members serve on a personal, not representative, basis.
Oversees finances, governance and remuneration
chaired by Treasurer.
Chair of board is be member
performance of Institute
project selection and management
approval of policy guidelines
appointment of senior staff
Headed by an Executive Director who operates from offices in Brussels and Paris.
Key values of Institute
- Transparent Budget
- Organisational (fixed costs) budget
- Project (activities) budget
- Sponsorship through corporate partners in public, private and voluntary sectors
- Project funding from group of sponsors
- Policy of transparency
- Publication of all project outcomes
- Networking with organisations across Europe who are concerned with health issues
We develop partnerships with bodies with an interest in health policy-making, including
bodies that sponsor the Institute's activities.